Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chapstick: Orange Cream Burst and Chocolate Rush

I apologize in advance for the long story!

While I was in Los Angeles last week, I did lots of lip balm searching and buying. I was conducting my usual lip balm safari in a CVS after we had gone grocery shopping at Sprouts and was losing hope that I'd find anything new. My boyfriend was also searching for balms that I hadn't had yet and I was getting discouraged that we wouldn't find anything at all. I usually never check any make up aisles for lip balm because everyone knows that the vast majority of lip balm is kept in the cold and flu section of most stores. But, since summer is quickly approaching I figured there may be some lip balm near the sunscreen. I found a couple CVS brand flavors that were different from usual store flavors so I picked those up and turned the corner to go down another make up aisle; sad that I, once again, hadn't found the limited edition Chapstick flavors. I was talking with my boyfriend and just blindly looking at all the make up when....I SPOTTED THE LIMITED EDITION CHAPSTICK FLAVORS! They were hanging right there, right in front of me on one of those hanging displays that are strewn randomly about all aisles. BOTH flavors were right there, and in abundance! I was so excited, I immediately grabbed them and jumped up and down. My boyfriend could see how excited I was and we were just high fiving and celebrating (yes, we are that lame). I quickly ran to the check out line, eager to try these babies out! While standing in line there was a woman in front of me. She turned around to look at me, then turned forward again and proceeded to do a double take once she saw what was in my hand. She immediately asked me where I had found them and quickly ran out of line to go get them. It felt awesome!

Enough of my long, detailed story of how I found these marvelous, very sought after balms and on to the review!


Company: Chapstick

Flavors: Orange Cream Burst and Chocolate Rush. I have to tell you, this is the BEST orange cream balm I've ever had! It's JUST like the sweet frozen treat. I adore it, I could use it all day. Perfect combination of sweet orange and creamy vanilla. You should definitely try to find this one in stores. The Chocolate Rush smells like a very decadent piece of chocolate cake. If you love chocolate, you will love this balm. It's not like my cocoa flavored balms, which are made with cocoa butter (and are absolutely delicious, might I add) so this is clearly an artificial chocolate, but still not bad.

Wear: It goes on smooth, not like my natural balms but still pretty smooth. I'm sure most people have at least one stick of Chapstick and are familiar with how it goes on. Even coverage, a tried and true classic of balms. Each application lasts about an hour or so. I'm always reapplying these anyway since the flavor is so amazing but, I do find myself licking my lips a little more than usual so that may be a reason it lasts so little.

Packaging: The little paper/plastic packaging these tubes come in is ADORABLE. Keeps up with the ice cream theme by having a summer scene with an ice cream truck depicted. The tubes themselves are average sized lip balm tubes with a swirl pattern of brown or orange, corresponding with the flavor.

Price: I think I paid around $1.50. Usually you can get Chapstick brand lip balm for around $1, but since it was at CVS it was going to be a little more. I didn't care though, they were limited editions!

Overall:
Pros: Flavor, packaging, price, application
Cons: Not natural, doesn't last too long

Rating: 5 out of 5 twists, it's a tired and true lip balm brand. I've always been a fan of them (they were my absolute go-to brand along with Softlips, before I found my love of natural balms). These limited edition balms are definitely something you don't want to miss out on!

No comments:

Post a Comment